ARIZONA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Volunteering with the Arizona Department of Corrections is an investment with great returns for yourself and others.
The Arizona Department of Corrections (ADC) recognizes volunteers as an integral, essential, and valuable resource. Accordingly, ADC provides an environment where volunteers are valued and respected. We recognize your time is important and worthwhile and we will strive to provide a variety of rewarding and educational volunteer experiences. By volunteering your time, you can experience a sense of reward and develop skills and knowledge for utilization in your career. If you are interested in expanding your experience and/or sharing your knowledge in your current field(s) of expertise, the ADC is looking for you.
Volunteer Application Process
The ADC is part of the criminal justice system and maintains strict standards of personal accountability and professionalism. The ADC desires volunteers who can meet and maintain these standards. Approximately 800 volunteers provide religious services and an additional 200 volunteers assist with the provision of other services, including substance abuse meetings, education, and administrative tasks.
To apply for a volunteer position, prospective volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Submit a resume for the applicable open volunteer position at www.azstatejobs.gov
- Interview with Department staff
- Complete required application materials
- Undergo a thorough background check
- Complete a drug test and a TB test
- Successfully complete training - Part I prior to beginning volunteer assignment
- Successfully complete training - Part II prior to beginning volunteer assignment
- Read, understand, and adhere to the rules and policies set forth in Department Order 204 Volunteer Services
The ADC has a number of opportunities for volunteer work available statewide at the following locations:
Examples of available volunteer opportunities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Office/Clerical. Examples include: Clerk, File Clerk, Clerk Typists, Mail Clerk, Receptionist, Clerical Assistant/Administrative Assistant, Recruitment Assistant, Personnel Technician, Visitation Aide, Library Aide
- Professional. Examples include: Psychological Education Program Instructor, Tutor, Teacher, Storekeeper, Training Officer, Refrigeration Mechanic, Religious Services Facilitator
- Trade. Examples include: Carpenter, Electrician
**Some of these volunteer positions may have certification or licensing requirements.
For the specific positions currently available, please visit www.azstatejobs.gov. To search for available ADC volunteer positions, select SEARCH FOR JOBS and input ADC into the Keywords field.
For more information on our volunteer program, please contact the Central Office Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or the Pastoral Activities Administrator at email@example.com.